Sorrento-Positano-Herculaneum Tour: Explore Campania’s Coasts
Coast to Coast Campania Tour
Campania region is rich in history, culture and natural beauties, boasting mesmerizing landscapes, unique architecture and many UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Nevertheless, many travelers only visit Campania once in their lifetime and for this reason, a tour of the most picturesque places of the region is a must.
Starting from the heart of the Amalfi coast and ending with a visit to the splendid ruins of Herculaneum, our tour will show you the most hidden gems of this blessed region, all from the comfort of a deluxe vehicle.
Our Sorrento-Positano-Herculaneum tour starts at Positano, the rare gem of the Amalfi coast. This splendid little town was built on the steep slopes of the coast and impresses with its vivid colors and characteristic architecture.
The town invites its visitors to slow down and taste the Italian “dolce far niente” while admiring mesmerizing views over the bay, but Positano is also well-known for its traditional crafts, fashion and splendid boutique shops.
The next stop on our tour is Sorrento, a unique city famous for its delicious citrus fruits and for its vast cultural and natural heritage.
Sorrento is an outstanding blend of various landscapes, varying from the cosmopolite beaches to steep cliffs and mountain slopes, the city itself rising on the slopes of the coast.
Sorrento bay is literally breathtaking and from here you will also be able to enjoy splendid views over the Naples bay and Vesuvius.
After lunch in Sorrento, we will continue the Sorrento-Positano-Herculaneum tour to Herculaneum, our last destination.
Herculaneum can be described as the little sister of Pompeii, a Roman town submerged by Vesuvius’ ashes and lava in 79 BC. The town was destroyed back then, but the ashes and lava actually preserved the Roman frescoes and architecture extremely well, the settlement being today a UNESCO world heritage site.
Top 10 Things To Do On This Tour
1. Have a stroll along Positano’s streets and alleys.
2. Discover Positano’s traditional crafts and shop a few unique fashion items, such as a pair of Positano sandals.
3. Visit the Convent of St. Francis of Assisi and Tasso square in Sorrento.
4. Discover the charm of the Italian fishermen villages at Marina Grande in Sorrento.
5. Explore Sorrento’s port at Marina Piccola.
6. Taste Sorrento’s delicacies, such as the “gnocchi alla sorrentina” and “limoncello sorbet”.
7. Have a shot of authentic Limoncello. The Italian famous drink has its origins in Sorrento.
8. Stroll among the ruins of Herculaneum.
9. Take a trip back in time at the Virtual Archeological Museum in Herculaneum.
10. Go to the Royal Vesuvian Observatory Museum to discover the first institute for the study of the volcanic phenomena in the world. (Optional)
What To Expect
Pick Up/Drop Off: your hotel/cruise liner/railway station/ in Naples, Sorrento or Amalfi coast regions.
Tour duration: approximatively 9 hours, typically from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Included: deluxe Mercedes vehicle and professional English speaking driver, free wi-fi, soft drink, fuel, parking tolls and road taxes.
Not included: entrance fees if applicable, lunch arrangements, any optional stops, anything else not mentioned as included.
Optional: authorized licensed tour guide – available with an extra cost.
Contact us for a quote.