Naples and Pompeii Tour: History And Culinary Traditions
History And Culinary Traditions in Campania
As the Italians say, “see Naples and then die”. Well, the author of the saying is not really Italian, but who can blame the nation for becoming so fond of this quote as to consider it one of their own? I believe no one because Naples is indeed a true marvel.
Guarded by Vesuvius, Naples is one of the most splendid cities in the world. But the sight of the volcano can only remember us of the ancient tragedy of Pompeii. That’s why having a Naples-Pompeii tour is an unforgettable experience.
You will enjoy a comfortable ride from your selected pick-up location to Naples on the board of a deluxe vehicle. Our trusted driver will leave you in Naples city center from where you will be able to explore the city by foot.
Naples city center is different from anything you could imagine and you’ll find yourself immersed in a maze of narrow streets and alleys flanked by boutiques, craft shops, bars, restaurants and crowds of lively people.
After having a coffee and a Babà cake in one of the pastry shops, continue strolling in the city. Stop at San Severo Chapel to admire the sculpture of the Veiled Christ and at Naples Archeological Museum, then have a taste of the many local delicacies.
After lunch in Naples, continue the Naples-Pompeii tour with a visit to Pompeii ruins. The ancient Roman settlement was completely immersed in ashes and lava in 79 BC but the Roman edifices were so well preserved that a visit of this site will resemble a travel back in time.
You will be able to walk on the steps of our Roman ancestors, get a glimpse of their sumptuous lifestyle and admire the decorative buildings they used as homes, for social purposes or as official buildings.
Top 10 Things To Do On This Tour
1. Stroll along Spaccanapoli, the street that links the Spanish Quarters to Forcella district.
2. Buy some handmade souvenirs in one of the many boutiques along Spaccanapoli.
3. Have breakfast with coffee and Babà cake in one of the many bars or pastry shops in Naples city center.
4. Visit one of the most stunning underground stations in the world, Garibaldi Station in Naples.
5. Discover the Treasure of San Gennaro inside the Dome of Naples.
6. Eat a pizza for lunch in one of the historical pizzerias of the city.
7. Find and admire the beautiful House of Fauno in ancient Pompeii.
8. Try to discover the mystery of the frescoes in Villa dei Misteri in ancient Pompeii.
9. Stroll along the streets of modern Pompeii to admire the local architecture and lifestyle.
10.Visit the Virtual Archeological Museum in Herculaneum. (Optional)
What To Expect
Pick Up/Drop Off: your hotel/cruise liner/railway station/ in Naples, Sorrento or Amalfi coast regions.
Tour duration: approximatively 9 hours, typically from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Included: deluxe Mercedes vehicle and professional English speaking driver, free wi-fi, soft drink, fuel, parking tolls and road taxes.
Not included: entrance fees if applicable, lunch arrangements, any optional stops, anything else not mentioned as included.
Optional: authorized licensed tour guide – available with an extra cost.
Contact us for a quote.