Paestum, A Tour Back In Time
Official Paestum tour
Visiting Paestum is like taking a walk back in time. This ancient settlement located in the Province of Salerno is easily reachable from Sorrento or any other point of the Amalfi coast or Campania region and represents one of the best preserved archeological sites in the world.
In addition to visiting the Greek temples, you will also enjoy the other attractions of the region from the comfort of your deluxe vehicle driven by a professional English speaking driver.
As already mentioned, Paestum is one of the best preserved archeological areas in the world, a place where you will be able to discover the best preserved Greek temples on Earth. And even if it might sound weird, you should know that Italy and Greece have traits of common history, so finding Greek temples in Campania is not unusual at all.
What strikes about Paestum, however, is the incredible way in which the nature bonds with the local culture and with the historical heritage.
Paestum is a place often ignored by travelers, mostly because no one knows about it. The ancient ruins are considered the archeological site of Capaccio Vecchio, a small village lost in the mesmerizing landscape of Campania.
Although Paestum temples are outstanding and nature here is a rare beauty, this place is more famous for its gastronomic culture. And you will be able to switch between ancient history and local delicacies during the Paestum tour.
Top 10 Things To Do On This Tour
1. Walk on Via Sacra in Paestum, the street originally used for religious processions built by the Greeks and reconstructed by the Romans.
2. Discover the three major temples of Paestum, the Temple of Hera, the Temple of Neptune and the Temple of Athena.
3. Stroll along the edifices of Paestum’s forum and find the remains of the public baths.
4. Visit the Church of the Blessed Annunziata, an early Christian church built in the fifth century AD.
5. Go to the National Archeological Museum of Paestum and find the tomb of the diver, a unique example of Greek art.
6. Remember the past while exploring the Necropolis of Paestum, outside the ancient city walls.
7. Explore Paestum’s natural beauties at Oasis Dunale, a protected area of an incredible beauty where you will be able to admire a crystalline sea while strolling along a beautiful beach.
8. Have fun at Nevada Park, a place thought for families but that offers entertaining activities for all age groups.
9. Visit Capaccio Vecchio and get lost on the narrow streets of the village admiring the beautiful local architecture.
10.Taste the delicacies of this area, above all the exquisite buffalo mozzarella.
What To Expect
Pick Up/Drop Off: your hotel/cruise liner/railway station/ in Naples, Sorrento or Amalfi coast regions.
Tour duration: approximatively 9 hours, typically from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Included: deluxe Mercedes vehicle and professional English speaking driver, free wi-fi, soft drink, fuel, parking tolls and road taxes.
Not included: entrance fees if applicable, lunch arrangements, any optional stops, anything else not mentioned as included.
Optional: authorized licensed tour guide – available with an extra cost.
Contact us for a quote.